RE: [VAL] 40 Amp Fuse

Gerald,

You are so...........RIGHT! And I apologize to the entire list for saying
that there is an AGP glass tube fuse. I referenced my notes to see what type
of fuse I'd purchased, and I'd written AGP, but with Gerald's posting I
thought I'd better double check by actually looking at some of the original
fuses. They are all "Buss AGS 40 amp". How I made a typo between 'P' and 'S'
I don't know, seeing as how the letters are at opposite sides of the
keyboard. Anyway, I can assure the list, without doubt, that the
nomenclature for the OEM fuse for '66 Airstreams is AGS and it is, as
Gerald's old catalog states, a 9/32" diameter glass tube Buss fuse.

Other than the typo I stand by my earlier postings as being correct. I also
agree with Gerald that the 9/32" fuses are marginal at 40 amps, as I have
occasionally noticed a warm fuse box. It is important to keep the fuse clips
clean and bright to maximize the contact area.

Forrest