[VAL] Door handle repair

Tom,

Yes, that's correct. However upon re-reading the post I was answering, it
doesn't look like the friction pin came out. I'd say that cotter pin that
holds the handle/bezel/lock barrel in the door probably ground down and
broke. Airstream's solution of putting a cotter pin through the actuating
bar wasn't the best idea. Each time the door handle is turned, the cotter
pin is rotated against the washer under pressure, gradually wearing away at
the pin. It's lucky that the handle and bezel didn't fall out on the road
after a bump. I replaced the cotter pin with a stainless steel one and the
washer with a bronze washer, thereby putting more wear on the washer and
less on the pin. It might also be advisable to drill a small hole through
the inside cover plate in order to occasionally shoot some lithium grease
onto the back side of the lock.

Also, on the bathroom and kitchen plastic surfaces, the Cyclo is amazing.
You can use almost any polish and it will bring back a high gloss.

Brian Jenkins