[VAL] satellite TV questions

After returning home from almost 4 weeks on the road with our Airstream we
have decided that we really _did_ miss having our daily fix of cable news,
educational programs, etc.

So, I am now in the market and trying to do a very thorough job of searching
out all the possible options so that our next trip will be more complete with
a satellite TV connection which makes us feel like we are at home but our
"living room" changes on a frequent basis by changing the location where we
park the Airstream.

I'd be very interested to know what *you* have installed in your RV and what
works for you.  I recently found a website which I will post about later into
this discussion.  It seems that anyone can sign up and become a "partner" and
be eligible for "wholesale prices" for satellite TV products like antennas,
signal finders, etc.

I'm leaning towards installing a motor-driven satellite dish that will also be
able to receive local TV programming along with satellite programming from the
same antenna which is made by Winguard (sp?).  I've also done lots of reading
about the *necessary* satellite TV cable that needs to be installed in your RV
which is *not the same* as the cable that comes with the RV for simple "cable
TV and local TV programs".  Seems that the real cable needed for satellite
signals MUST be installed in the RV lest you chance losing the satellite
signals whenever conditions are not "ideal".

So, what do you have and would you do it all over again if you had to?  If
not, why not?

Thanks!

Tom Meeker
WBCCI 5303