[VAL] Grants Pass Rally

Well Folks,

After getting everyone excited about the Vintage Rally this June in
Grants Pass, OR and everybody worked up about WBCCI rules, buddy rallies
and such, we will not be at the rally (sorry Joann Wheatley).  Why you
ask  WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD  not really, but I have made plans with
Peter Ryner in Tampa to pick up the 1954 double door Liner which he is
so graciously storing until it has a new owner, now us.  Pictures at:
http://www.tompatterson.com/gallery/  Since I still work, my vacation
time is limited and the choice is to pick up the Liner and hopefully
have enough work done to take it to Salem, OR for the 2006 International
Rally, instead of attending the Vintage Rally, although we did enjoy the
Vintage Rally we attended in Santa Maria in 2002.

We are now a two Airstream family.

The thing that has excited us about this trailer since Bill Pentheny
first shared it with the list is the two doors and the rear bedroom.

This is a big step for us, although I am mechanically ept and can
woodwork, I have not undertaken this type of restoration or remodel.  I
know from a recent kitchen remodel in our home and watching This Old
House that you never know what you will find once you take the walls down.

Please wish us luck and I will be asking for your valuable assistance as
this work progresses.  My current thought is to restore the Liner
similar to what it would have looked like in 1954, but with all the
modern conveniences (two holding tanks etc) similar to what Patti has
done with her Pearl.  My wife already has ideas on the decor.  If anyone
has any pictures or floor plans that they would like to share please
do.  Also, if anyone has period appropriate appliances, such as an oven
please let us know.

We will take pictures of the entire process and document all the work,
maybe even a website.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Kerfoot
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon