Re: [VAL] old WBCCI numbers on trailer

Greetings Mrag!

The WBCCI numbers (the newer ones are red, but some Vintage
coaches may have earlier black numers as my Overlander had
when I first purchased it in 1995) are assigned to the club
member and do not normally remain with a coach - - if the
previous owner is "retiring from travel", the new owner may
request assignment of the numbers with the permission of the
previous owner when joining the WBCCI.  Since I have known
my coach since it was new in 1964, I can identify three
different numbers held by the two of the three previous
owners as well as my own (the last owner prior to my
purchase was not a WBCCI member).  Only those coaches that
have belonged (at some point in time) will have had WBCCI
numbers attached (some owners may have belonged to WBCCI but
not attached the numbers, but it is rare to find Vintage
coaches that have not had WBCCI numbers attached at some
point in time).

When you join the WBCCI a number will be automatically
assigned to you, but you can request the number currently on
your coach if it has been inactive (usually must have been
inactive for at least two years) - - or if that number is
not available, the club will usually try to assign a number
that is very close to the one on your coach if you make the
request.

You can learn more about the WBCCI at:

http://www.wbcci.org/

Good luck with your coach!

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC/Free Wheelers/Computer Club #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400
VORTEC/4.10 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado
Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)