Re: [VAL] Goodyear Marathon- not for me, Thanks

My Car trailer came with Goodyear Marathonsthat didnt last more than 4000
miles before they started blowing out.   One tire was replaced early due to a
nail picked up that wouldnt patch well due to the stress of tandem axles and
turning, the second and third tires blew for no apparent reason within 150 miles
of each other, one inbound on a trip from Texas, one a  month later as I headed
out on my next trip.  I had checked with Goodyear to see if my tires were
part of the recall and was assured that due to date of manufacture, my D's were
corrected and I should not worry.  After two blowouts and fortunately only
minor damage to the trailer, I have removed Marathons from all trailers and will
always use another brand.  A blowout can cause to many major problems to risk
not having safe tires.

John