[VAL] 1953 Silver Streak Clipper

Not an Airstream, but for the vintage freaks......  I went up to New Waverly,
Texas on Tuesday and looked at the following trailer.  It is a Clipper, and
not too far removed from the era when they were produced by Curtis Wright.
The Clipper was itself designed, I understand, by Wally Byam during the period
when he worked for Curtis Wright.  I can't figure how I could get this one by
my wife, so am passing on it myself.

Penny Taylor has listed a 1953 22' Silver Streak in the free Classified Ads on
my site.  Pictures of the unit are located at:
http://www.tompatterson.com/Silverstreak/Pictures/195322ftclipper/Clipper22.h
tml if anyone is interested.

The trailer looks promising for restoration.  The floor appears solid and the
unit appears to be without leaks.

-Tom