RE: [VAL] TV Antennas and the future of TV

Hi Gerald,

As usual your right on track.  Most Airstreamers don't care at this point
about HDTV.  They will be the last domain to fall to high definition because
bandwidth is expensive enough at a fixed location (except with my Radio
Shack $49.99 HD capable antenna :)

The real trajedy is the youngsters who aspire to be videographers in the new
age of digital HD, who are getting marketed into low quality formats just so
they can get started.  There going to waste a lot of money.  "Been there . .
. Done that!"

If you want to be amused, check out this thread, which I started in the
Creative Cow Forums for videographers and Design Professionals.

http://www.creativecow.net/forum/view_thread.php?threadid=750547&forumid=162&postid=110682172717977

This thread wove together the range of emotions and misconceptions about
HDV.
It's a good read from start to finish for those who want to know.

The bottom line is still.  If you have an Airstream and want to view HDTV
you have to begin buy buying a real HDTV set.  Some sets at Wal-Mart go for
$600-$700.

They will play standard TV signals very nicely but they are big because they
are not flat panel.  If you want an HDTV flat panel you need to spend more
money.  Don't settle for less than 1920 pixels horizontal by 1080 pixels
vertical.

Bob Kiger