RE: [VAL] TV Antennas and the future of TV

David,

We are in virtual (perhaps total accord) on the importance of getting it
right when it comes to the digital transmission and (working backwards)
digital production standards for the 21st century.  For 50 years we put up
with NTSC while the British had a much cleaner and more compatible with film
system using PAL.

Now in the digital era, it doesn't matter.  There is always a way to convert
pixels.  The consensus among my friends at Adobe and Microsoft is that 1080
24p is the best mastering format for new High Definition Programming because
it can be translated into any format with full quality.  Only problem is
passing such high bandwidth through our editing PC's and the huge amount of
storage required.  Do you know if 1080 24p is 800Mbs or 800Mbm?

I heard it was per second and I almost fell off my chair.

Bringing this back to Airstreamers and RVers, isn't it fair to say that:
1.  People that are permanently installed in a mobile home park near a city
can use and antenna if they have an HD set?

2.  People on the road are pretty much locked into Dish TV or other
Satellite services?

I don't know how much HD is coming down from satellites.  It take 3 channels
as far as I've been taught to send one HD signal.

Could you give me a simple Airstreamer answer as you know it?

Respectfully,
Bob Kiger