RE: [VAL] TV Antenna

Speaking as a videographer, I could write a thesis on reception and
airstreams.
The immediate future is High Definition (HD).  If you are permanently
grounded in a trailer park near a big city, you can buy an HD equipped
antenna from Radio Shack for $49 and it will pick up HD signals when they
are transmitted.

If you are trevelling in your coach and still want HD, the cost go way up.
I will not get into all the possibilities for mobile systems . . . there are
others who can speak from more experience about Satellite TV.

But a word of caution about HDTV.  In order to view it, you must have an HD
TV monitor in the format of 1080i.  There are lesser formats like 720i, but
they are not compatible with cable and (I believe) not compatible wtih
Direct TV.

If you want to actually watch High Definition TV, you have to begin by
having an HDTV set!!!!

From there you can choose from the variety of high tech and pricey systems.
But as I said in the beginning, if you have a High Definition TV set you can
pick up signals for free if you live in the city.

Bob Kiger
www.videography.org