Re: [VAL] Silver Streak trailers

Speaking of other makes,  I have seen a 1961 Avion that is in beautiful
condition and
looks like a pre-1954 Airstream with its 13 segment front and rear caps and
old style windows.  Could I just slap on the fifties style light blue Airstream
plaquareds they sell at Airstream Dreams and attend a rally?  Just kidding!
Maybe someone should start a Vintage Silverstream Club.
I've had my Overlander in storage since last spring when I bought it to
replace the 1956 Overlander I had which was falling apart and beyond my
capabilities.  This one was used as a vacation cottage under a roof and does not have a
single dent or blemish on its skin or belly.  Because of time restraints I just
now brought it home and am starting to polish it.  It is so much fun because
for some reason there is not a whole lot of oxidation on it and the job is
coming along quickly.  I have an unlikely tool.  It is a Turtle Wax brand 6"
orbital polisher and I prefer it to my more expensive 10" polisher because it has
more torque,  I have more control in tight spaces and it seams to clean and
polish the same sized areas faster than the 10"model.  By the way I notice that
1958, the year of my Overlander, was the first year they had color options on
appliances in other trailer brands.  I am going to paint my stove and
refrigerator pastel flamingo pink which was popular and sew up some curtains in pink,
grey, and turquoise reprduction barkcloth fabric in the boomerang and atomic
patern that were the rage in the late fifties.  Havin' fun up here in WA.
Vanessa
1958 Overlander 26'