[VAL] Spare tire carrier / Crunched Bambi

Hi All:

Our '66GT has a very nicely fabricated tire carrier behind the LP bottles
which works great with one exception. When the spare is in place, I cannot
access the hardware for the weight distribution system. I have to remove
the spare to have clearance to use the pipe to tension the leveling chains.
It would seem that any configuration of that sort would have the same
problem. Other than that, the frame actually looks like a factory installed
item. Probably something previous owner bought and had welded on.

As far as the crunched Bambi, believe it or not, some jackleg will get this
thing, throw it together and probably stick some unsuspecting person with
it for what seems to be a ridiculously low price. Whoever ultimately buys
this as an end user it will enjoy the unpleasant consequences of trying to
get something for nothing. I've had a dealers license in NC for almost 20
years. You wouldn't believe the prices some people pay for salvage cars
that are wrecked far worse than this trailer. When the big hurricane floods
occurred several years ago in NC, thousands of flood vehicles showed up on
the market with clean titles. NC responded with a damage & flood disclosure
form that has to be completed on anything that is titled, which includes
trailers, but many states do not title trailers. This Bambi could very well
end up with a clean title. Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!