Re: [VAL] Year the bad torsion bar rubber ended?

I do not think that anything lasts forever, especailly
not torsion axle rubber. They might have improved the
compound to keep it from hardening too soon, but I
have late 80's trailers with bad axles.
A 1972 27' is definitely suspect to needing axles. If
not right away, then probably soon. ( Unless they have
been replaced already)
My 1971 25' is on it's second sets of axles, even
though the original ones did not seem too terrible at
time of replacement.
Or so I thought. The new axles made a huge difference
in the way the trailer rode and towed. Much smoother
and less tugging at the hitch on bumpy roads.
My budget for a 1972 trailer would have to include set
of new axles, just in case.
Cheers,
Uwe Salwender
Orange CA