Re: [VAL] 50 amp service

The neutral is a safety wire, if there's a short, electricity takes the path
of least resistance.. hence the 3rd wire... the electrical current will run
down the neutral wire instead of a person operating an appliance.

I thought it was code to have the wire... but many electrical plugs are
polarized.. (one prong wider than the other) so it maynot be code to have
it.

As for can it damage it?... probably not... but.. i am not 100% sure.
theory says no, but I am not an electrican by trade.