[VAL] My Univolt has turned on me

    All,

    I went out the the Caravel last evening and the overhead lights
were........dim, almost nonexistent, well they looked like a car cigarette
lighter, you get the idea.  A quick check proved that my 1969 Univolt IV was
cold as cold can be and not working.

    I'd love to repair it as it worked perfectly up till yesterday.  The
bottom line is that I'd love to direct my pennies and dimes toward other
projects rather than for a modern replacement for the Univolt.  I'm also a
realist and if that's what I have to do, that's what I have to do.

    So, can anyone offer suggestions as regarding repair of my Univolt IV?
And/or can anyone offer a modern replacement charger?

    As far as that goes, how have some of you who have been down this path
dealt with separating the 12v charging from the fused panel integral with
the Univolt?

    I have a deal of boat related electrical experience and am familiar with
and used Blue Sea panels.  http://bluesea.com.  Have any of you done
something similar as splitting the two systems on the Airstreams with a
panel like this?
http://www.bluesea.com/product.asp?Product_Id=24572&d_Id=7496&l1=7460&l2=7990

    Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions,

Glyn Judson
1969 Caravel #508
Santa Monica CA