Re: [VAL] hub caps

Hi Chuck:

    Here's some hubcap information from R.J. Dial's FAQ pages on his
www.vintageairstream.com web site:

Q: My Airstream doesn't have any hubcaps. Where can I get some?

A: Depends on your year trailer. If it still had the split-rims wheels,
the moon style hubcap has spring-clip that slipped inside the wheel
center - these are no longer available and are hard to find. If you have
conventional wheels, the style up to 1971 was a baby moon style of
hubcap. 15" wheels use a 10 1/4" ID and 14" wheels use a 9 1/8" ID
style. You can find them at any utility trailer dealer or on eBay.  The
later style hubcaps show up on eBay all the time.

   I hope you can Wrangle another trip to Colorado Springs this Summer.
  We'd love to hear you sign again and have the opportunity to admire
your new hub caps.  :)

Best regards,

Fred Coldwell