Re: [VAL] Re: surge brakes

You still for safty reasons need an accessable manual overide which is
impossable with a surge systoms.you havent lived until you are on a slippery winding
road and you see a sail boat you have on a trailer with surge breaks
90degrees with the truck besides you and noway to apply thr breaks to bring it in
line.You cannot use antisway devises or load levering hitches with surge breaks.
The fallicy I find with the mordem break controllers is that the manual
overide switch is not readly accessable.in a white knuckle situtation I very much
doubt if any one can find and use it in time, I have a mechanical auxelery one
mounted on my dash but that realy is a stop gap masure I am looking for a
porpional type switch that can be mounted on my steering wheel or turn signal
stalk.
In traffic and when exiting freeways I like th manuel apply the breaks and
use the trailer to slow the vechile.Just my way of doing things I am sure some
one will point out to me why I should not do rhat
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind(Ths Silver Abaltross)
1992 Dodge Cummind Diesel