[VAL] Window Operator Solution

Hello All,
I thought that I would share my success story with the group! I have 4
very worn window operators on my 59 that I had to replace. I whet to a
well known vintage RV part supplier and asked if they had a solution for
my problem and $75 later and shipping I had 4 operators that might not
work or would have taken some real fabrication to get them to work. BTW
these came without the nylon rollers that fit in the track on the window
and did not come with handles. They were also very light compared to the
heavy nature of the windows and the original equipment. After pondering
this situation for about a month I decided to brave the cold and hit the
hardware stores ( my kids will tell you that is not much of a sacrifice
on my part!) to see what I could find.

I found what I needed at both Menards (wrong colors) and Home Depot, I
violated my vow to not shop at this place, and picked up 4 Casement
Window Operators in gray. The arm length and mounting holes are exactly
the same as the OME operator. I did have to move the track on the window
down a little so the window would close. This involve drilling two new
holes and reinstalling the original screws. The best part of this is the
cost, $9.95 each! AND they come with all the pieces! AND no shipping!
They come in right and left handed styles, I needed two of each.

So I have 4 new operators ( the ones I did not use) and the 4 old ones
off the 59 for sale if you need them!

Ed
WBCCI/VAC 4425
68 Sovereign