Re: [VAL] Re: NY registration

Reminds me of a story I read years ago in an antique car restoration book.
Seems a fellow had bought an old car from England, and when he went to
register it in NY, the title wasn't notarized.  It had the English
equlivilant to a notary stamp on it, but it didn't say "notary public" so
they wouldn't accept it.  No amount of explaining would suffice.  So he
found a notary in NY that would "notarize" the English signature and took it
back the next day.  The lady at DMV was just as happy as a dead pig in the
sunshine with that.  Never did occur to her to wonder how a notary in NY
could notarize a signature in England, it just had to have the magic words
on it.

Probably one of the reasons that Georgia doesn't require a notary on vehicle
titles any more.  They're just about worthless.  In fact, Georgia doesn't
even require titles on vehicles older than 1986 or trailers that weigh less
than 2,000 pounds.

Neal