Re: [VAL] Airstream, Inc., etc. - shortage of dealerships

Forrest,

> But keep in mind that some of the "complaining" might
> be just as legitimate. Our only contact with Airstream has been with "local"
> dealerships, and between Albuquerque, New Mexico and Missoula, Montana there
> is one, and only one dealership (located in Denver), for the front range of
> the Rocky Mountains. There are no authorized Airstream dealerships in
> Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, or Wyoming.

No doubt about it, Airstream needs more dealers.  I think they're
working on it--at the last Region 7 rally they announced a new dealer in
Wisconsin.

Airstream is kinda between a rock and a hard place.  On the one hand,
they need to sign up more dealers--good ones, that will reflect
favorably on the company.  On the other hand, they have nearly doubled
production in the last year, but last time I heard they still have an
order backlog.  It's hard to interest new dealers when they're short of
trailers to sell!

Best,
John & Barb Sellers
WBCCI/VAC #1587