[VAL] Re: weather program

Just as a suggestion, I've found one I like called WeatherBug.

www.weatherbug.com

I've had a deep seated interest in weather programs for years working in
oceanography and around the ocean as well as my interest in traveling with
my Airstream Ambassador, and I've settled on a simplistic program called
WeatherBug that is supported by CBS/WBZ TV Boston and from what I gather
most TV Weather stations around the country. Its easy to get the weather
conditions all over the country with this software and I can check to see
what the weather is in Ft. Myers Florida where my 88 year old mother lives
with minimal effort as well as my local weather here on the Cape.

Weatherbug runs in both a free non-subscription mode as well as a
subscription mode that allows more features and as far as I can tell is not
location dependent, plug in a town / state or a zipcode and get the weather
including satellite, RADAR and Maps as well as live cameras in many areas
so you can see conditions. In some areas there is also a traffic map.

WeatherBug uses both NOAA weather stations as well as many school systems
around the country for real time sources and its coverage is very impressive.

I have been quite happy with it in the non-subscription mode although it
has a few imbedded advertisements that are not very intrusive.

Again this is purely a suggestion as to one I have found that I like and
use all the time.

--
Mitch Hill - K1FH
WBCCI 21960