Re: [VAL] Airstream, Inc., WBCCI, and VAC

John -

It was good to read your positive post about Airstream, WBCCI and VAC
especially after I had been reading several rather negative posts.  I
just bought a '72 Trade Wind but haven't even brought it home yet due
to salt on the highways.  I've only been following this list for maybe
a month in an effort to become more familiar with Airstream.
Unfortunately I was beginning to think I wanted no part of any of this
and that possibly I had made a foolish decision.

I've always considered Airstream as the ultimate in travel trailers.  I
was fortunate to find one in rather good condition with original
interior and everything working except the air conditioning.  After
sweeping it out, it could be taken on a trip as is.  Even the tires
appear to be in good condition.  It has spent much of its life in
service while being well cared for and under roof during the off
seasons - if there is such a thing as an off season for an Airstream.

The only problem is, my wife isn't interested in traveling in, as she
calls it, a tin can while dragging her house work behind her!  She
assumes I'll be using it while attending vintage tractor shows, while
she remains at home!  I would like to think we both will use it for
short holiday weekends as well as extended trips we might not otherwise
consider.

I'd like to think that Airstream hasn't forgotten these aging trailers
nor the people who own them.  To me this is an important point in my
life.  If this becomes a satisfying experience, I may be looking at
replacing this older unit with a new model.

I have restored old cars and still have two that I drive rather than
show.  I understand the fascination with preservation and restoration,
but for me, my Airstream is not so much a treasure from the past as it
is a way of traveling the roads of this beautiful country and visiting
with family and friends.

Thanks for reassuring me in my choice of Airstream.  I just may give
WBCCI and VAC another chance.

See you down by the barn . . . .

Dick Harrold
Noblesville, IN USA