RE: [VAL] tambor doors

Greetings Scott!

Was the new tambour that you purchased laminate or wood veneer?  If it
happens to be wood veneer, you might be able to get a close color match
by applying an opaque stain - - Fowler Interiors replaced all of the
upper locker tambour in my Minuet with Birch veneer tambour to which
they applied a pickling stain that complimented the original off-white
plastic laminate (my plastic laminate wasn't in good enough condition to
re-back). The stain idea might work with laminate tambour, but I would
suspect that there would be much more work in achieving uniform results.

On the two lower tambour lockers, the Fowlers rehabbed the existing
tambour with a very light cotton canvas material - - since the tambour
in those doors wasn't deformed the repairs have held up very well.

Good luck with your project!

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359