[VAL] Vintage A/S perspective

Whoever said that vintage Airstreams and their owners are superior to new
models and their owners should  keep their remarks to themselves. The future
of Airstream and the VAC/WBCCI is unity, not divisiveness. Too many
"leaders" have made disparaging remarks about the other group. Both types of
owners have a place in the Airstream family. If folks want a new one, that's
great. I may buy a new one some day. I'd love to have a new Classic MH due
out next year. Same is true for vintage. It sounds like there are
shortsighted people at the factory who just look at direct sales. They
obviously don't get it.
I'm very impressed with what has happened in the Denver CO WBCCI Chapter.
This month, ALL the officers and most of the Directors elected are from the
VAC
Unit officers for 2005 are:
President - Shari Davis (VAC)
1st Vice-President - Forrest McClure (VAC)
2nd Vice-President - Lowell Clark (VAC)
Treasurer - Chris Hildenbrand (VAC)
Corresponding Secretary - Rob Davis (VAC)
Recording Secretary - Joanne Jefferies
Trustees - Luke Bernander (VAC), Cheryl Schneider, Ray Velasquez, Jim Cooper
(VAC).
Immediate Past President - Janie Lichtfuss
No, VAC didn't "take over" the local WBCCI. They were elected by the
majority who are not VAC members. Both sides respect and admire the
otherside. I wish this were true throughout the WBCCI and VAC. I have
written an article in their local newsletter complementing them on their
vision and inclusiveness. Janie Lichtfuss, IPP, says she plans to run for
WBCCI regional office and push the DENCO model. Three cheers for her. This
is the way it should be and suggest other VACers try to emulate the DENCO
model. Yes, you may be verbally abused, but stick with it. If they exclude
you they are wrong. If it happens, please advise me or the other VAC
leadership. We need to start challenging that misbehavior.
Randy Unter
3rd VP VAC
Region 11 Regional Rep.
'66 Overlander