Re: [VAL] Heat's on, pipes frozen?

hello courtney
my house has 2" x 6" outside frame construction with modern insulation. at
zero or sub-zero, it is not unusual to have a pipe or two freeze to a point
of blocking water flow. it has however never burst. i believe it is a pipe
that is somehow near an outside wall. my point is that vintage airstreams,
compared to modern homes,  have very little insulation. thin aluminum skins
and old fiberglass insulation that becomes compacted over the years allows
for little insulation value from the cold. pipes in the rear hatch area have
no protection at all. in your type of climate, i would always winterize your
trailer and never attempt to keep your water and plumbing systems active in
winter. i'm sure with lots of engineering and work it could be done but
certainly not like the factory supplied it. hopefully you can get it thawed
without damage to any pipes....then WINTERIZE.....

good luck
harry
66 safari
frankstown colorado