Re: Re: [VAL] 12 volt light not working

All the interior lights get the same battery voltage. Battery failure won't
affect just some. Loosing just some has to be a wiring problem. And with
aluminum wire without connections made properly its a wonder any work. Could
be any junction including any ground feeding that circuit. Could be the fuse
or the fuse clip. The only way to find it is to start circuit tracing with a
test lamp. I like to use a 50 watt edison base lamp in a socket with wires
for testing. It's not confused by leakage through poor connections like a
volt meter and since it draws 4 amps, it shows up bad connections by dimming.

A super technique is to start at the middle of the circuit, then go towards
or away from the power source (the battery) as indicated by each test. A
binary chop of the circuit. Often places won't be so handy to reach and the
circuit itsn't that complex but what a serial search from beginning to end
will find the problem. In my computer programs I find so long as the list is
under 200 items that a sequential search is faster than a binary chop search.
That could easily apply to electrical circuit tracing too.

Gerald J.