Re: [VAL] Re: Carlson heater and Bowen water heater

Good Morning All,

Thanks for all the help on my appliance issues. There is a wealth of knowledge
here.

I removed and dismantled my Carlson. I hooked it up to a barbeque regulator and
it ran all night without a problem. I guess Herb was right: it was the open
pilot door that was allowing the pilot to go out, then I'd hear that "click" as
the thermocouple shut the gas down.

It's all back in and working now. I feel a bit foolish doing so much work when
there was essentially nothing wrong! I even got a fancy new thermocouple from a
gas supply house for $39.00. I guess it won't hurt to have a spare.

I also took the burner and thermocouple off the Bowen. I cleaned it up as best I
could and reinstalled it. I noticed that when I held the knob in the pilot
position, against the spring loaded resistance with the pilot lit, eventually
the spring resistance would dissappear and the knob would stay in that position
without me holding it there. At this point the gas valve would open and the
burner would light.

Is this normal? Should I be happy that it works at all?

Thanks again.

PS I looked at my tires yesterday: Goodyear Marathons...gotta check for the "S"