[VAL] Moving trailer from TX to Washington

Washington the State -- or -- Washington the Capitol?

When I thought of towing a car with a tow hitch all the rental companies I
contacted insisted that the ONLY trailer I could pull with their truck had
to be one of THEIR own trailers.

In fact, the only company where I could find and rent a tow-dolly from was
U-Haul but their equipment leaves a lot to be desired since all their
"dealers" do their own maintenance or at least are supposed to.  I walked
when I saw wires just twisted together and where they were "spliced" or
joined by twisting the wires they didn't even use wire nuts but instead just
wrapped the crappy joint with black electrical tape.  Their maintenance
reminded me of something a 10 year old who didn't know what he was doing
would do.

A big part of the reason rental companies don't want you towing anything but
their trailers is two-fold I think.  They know their plugs and brake
controllers will work with their trailer and truck, and they know the size
and weights of the trailers they rent and hope to keep down liability claims
as they know you won't be pulling a 40' commercial utility trailer, etc.

There are some people who make a living towing "your" trailer with "their"
trucks, and there are also others who load up your trailer on a flat-bed or
roll-back tow truck.  Are these the ones you referred to as costing a
fortune?

How old is your trailer?  I know it's a stretch but have you considered as a
last resort selling your trailer in TX and buying another in Washington?

This time of year people would be going South, not North so you will have
more trouble this time of year but you've probably already ran into that.

Tom