[VAL] electrical question

The LED goddess is at it again, I found a 5 LED under cabinet, bookshelf
  light. They came with a transformer to change 120 AC to 4.5VDC.

What I want to know is, how can I wire them into 12vDC ?  If I do it
directly, they will blow out pretty quick. There are 5 of them spaced
about 3" appart on what looks to be low voltage ungrounded outdoor
lighting cable, which appears to be just heavy duty zip chord, although
faltter so that the LED's can clamp onto it. they might come off and go
on somewhere else...then there is a black connector that the pretty
standard wall wart plug goes into and then the wall wart. I'm guessing
there might be the necessary resistor (s) in the little black connector
  box, but maybe they just got the right LED's and ganged them up.

Daisy