RE: [VAL] Woe and consternation

Greetings Louis!

Sorry to learn of your predicament.

I almost hate to bring this up, but I would be concerned about at least
two potential sources of damage that you didn't mention in your post.
My concern would be that in addition to the skin/wheel well damage that
there may also be damage to the axle tube/drum/spindle system, and
possibly even frame damage.  I don't know if there is a Vintage Friendly
Airstream dealer near you, but if it were my '64 I know that would be my
first avenue - - to have someone knowledgeable about determining the
extent (if any) of axle and or frame damage that may have resulted from
the support slip.

Good luck with your investigation/research!  Be prepared to negotiate
with the insurance company - - I know when having some accident repairs
(panel replacement) on my '64 that the negotiations with the insurance
company lasted for more than a month - - the insurance company wanted to
total my coach as a result of $1,750 in damage - - my dealer's service
department was able to convince the adjuster that the damage was far
less than the actual value of the coach.

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359