Re: [VAL] RE: seam sealing

Just a note regarding Vulkem. Does it ever come in small tubes - say,
toothpaste size? Those big caulking gun size ones are horrible to use -
I hate caulking guns anyway. They are very irksome to work with - you
need a gorilla to squeeze a steady bead with them. I got so aggravated
with the gun that I bought some of GE's new aluminum SILICONE sealer
stuff and despite all advice to the contrary on this board, have been
using it in lieu of Vulkem. Guess I'll be pillared and kicked out into
the cold after this confession, but the stuff works great - it is
specifically made to be used on aluminum, stays pliable forever, has a
wide temp range and comes in a great little tube with a neato
applicator tip. Long live GE!
Jo Ann