Re: [VAL] original floor covering

    Gerald,

    I almost included in my last note that the tiles in my 1969 Caravel are
original without a doubt.  The tiles are under all cabinets and even in the
rear where the battery, etc are located.  When I replaced the old with the
new Armstrong, I cheated as mush as I could by removing let's say, 12 at a
time of the old whole ones and replacing them with the new.  My reasoning
was that I didn't want to have the center line start to wander left or right
due to my inexperience laying tiles.  The old ones around every piece of
cabinetry, extended beyond them and toward the wheel wells, under the
refrigerator, Gaucho and water tank, and the after area I mentioned above.

    Given the relatively untouched condition I bought her in, I'd have to
say that the 12" asbestos asphalt tiles were original.  Although my 1969
owners manual doesn't specify size, it does mention the asbestos asphalt
composition of them.

    Glyn