[VAL] Gaucho slide construction

Good morning all,
First, thanks to all who responded to my question about where I might get old
style 12 volt lights for my '65 Overlander. I plan on going to Montevallo and
checking out the place there.
Second, I am sure that this has been discussed before, but I don't remember. On
my Gaucho, I have a piece of the slides on the bottom of the seat of the couch
as well as a piece of the slide fastened to the framework with a hinge that
would be located on the end of the slide facing the front. I see that the slides
are dovetailed and a slide stop of sorts is intact, but the slides are separated.
How are the slides held together? Is there a "key" of wood that fits into the
dovetails? Do they overlap, this does not seem likely. I have seen where you can
buy new slides, don't remember where, but I am able to reconstruct the woodwork
if needed, necessity being the mother of all invention. Might even give me an
reason to buy more tools ( oh no!!!). You just gotta love working on these
lovely beasts. Oh yeah, the PO had "fixed" the problem of broken slides by
attaching screw-on legs, a working solution but you cannot access the bottom
cabinets with the legs attached.
Thanks again in advance to all of you.