[VAL] reciever hitch height question

hey folks
i have a two inch drop receiver shaft with ball. it is perfect with the height
of the trailer until i put my 500 lbs of stuff in the 1/2 ton pickup. now it
rides about 2 " low. my question is " is it an acceptable practice to reverse
the hitch or turn it 180 degrees which will now give me a 2" raise? i see it
done all the time but can not find information confirming that it is
acceptable from the manufacturer. thanks for your help

harry
66 safari