[VAL] Furnace Fan Won't Shut Off

Hello All,

We purchased a 1974 Trade Wind last fall and have been gradually been
updating and reconditioning it.  I've just encountered a problem with the
furnace fan and would like to ask the List for any insights to a solution.
While parked and not hooked up to shore power, the furnace fan is coming on
and draining down the battery.  The thermostat is turned to its "OFF"
position; and thee manual gas valve to its "OFF" position (perpendicular to
the gas line,  The ambient air temperature inside the unit is quite warm as
it is summetrime.  Even though the thermostat is off , would it be sending a
message to the fan calling for it to run?  Is there some way I can disable
the furnace fan motor from coming on while the trailer is in storage?

Any help to understand this would be appreciated.

Dave Jones
1974 Trade Wind
WBCCI/VAC 13613
Iowa