[VAL] New to the group

Fellow vintage airstreamers,

My name is John Morris I am new to the whole airstream scene. I just
purchased a 1962 28' ambassador. We bought the airstream to replace our
vintage serro-scotty, which is really too small for us. I have had the
airstream less than a week but so far I am very pleased with the condition.
I have a question about the blackwater drain valve on my unit. I have not
had much time to investigate, is there a valve between the belly pan and the
floor of the trailer? If so how do you operate it? The only thing I have is
a fitting hanging out of the belly pan. The fitting that is (stuck) on my
airstream looks like it belongs on the end of the sewer hose. In a box of
parts  inside the trailer I found a cap thingy that a garden hose could
screw into. It looks as though these things attach to two little lugs
sticking out of the pipe from the tank. Do modern camper sewer hose
connectors fit on to this stuff? Do I have to buy special fittings? Should I
have some kind of valve sticking out of the belly pan? Any help would be
greatly appreciated! One more question what is a good source for parts for
these vintage units?

Thank you in advance,
John W. Morris
Richmond, Ohio