Re: [VAL] refrigirator fire almost

Hi Harry:

Well, that must have been spooky.  When you had the towel cabinet door open
to look at the plastic chimney, did you happen to remove the circular plug
that is in the cabinet bottom on the left side?  It's about 3 inches in
diameter as I recall.  That would give you access to the top of the burner
barrel that is on the other (upper) end of where you are seeing the flame.
There is supposed to be a cap on the top of the burner barrel.  There is a
wire connected to the cap that dangles a twisted sheet metal baffle at just
the right place within the barrel.  Sometimes the trailer bouncing can
dislodge this cap.  If that were to happen, the heat from the flame can go
up the barrel and make the plastic chimney hot on the left side.  The cap
arrangement features some holes around sides of the barrell to kinda break
up the flow of the heat.  This is an original Dometic M52, right?

Check out the plug.

GQ '67 Safari
4082 in CA

PS:  I can send you a picture of a my M52 with the counter top (and plug
hole) attached after I removed it from the trailer so that you can see what
it looks like back there if you want.  Lemme know