Re: [VAL] Boyle's Gas Law

Dean,
I hear you . We have lots of theory here, but no one
with actual hands on experience.
I often help my friend at the cart races. Little
gumball tires, little air volume, but substantial
pressure increases as they get very very hot.
after battling this for a while, we switched to
nitrogen for this, and guess what.....big improvement.
Books and formulas are great, but there is one or the
other factor our engineer friends are obviously
missing, otherwise we would not have had this
improvement on the race cart.
However, having said that, I see little sense in using
nitrogen in trailer tires, other than corrosion
prevention in the long run. Here again, the inside of
the wheels on my 63 Overlander reveal much corrosion.
Drier air ( or some other gas, like perhaps nitrogen)
might have prevented this. Who knows.
In any case, text books and theories only work when
ALL factors and all components are known.