Re: [VAL] FW: Air Conditioning

Greetings Aaron!

You are correct in assumption that your ordinary 20 AMP
household outlet isn't providing enough power to adequately
address the needs of your air conditioning unit - -
especially if it is the original Armstrong Bay Breeze.  I
learned my lesson the hard way - - burned out the compressor
on my '64 Overlander's Bay Breeze trying to operate it on a
dedicated 20 AMP outlet in the garage.  If you wish to use
your air conditioner while parked at home, a properly
installed 30 AMP circuit with the appropriate outlet is
cheap insurance for your air conditioner's health.  I just
had a 30 AMP outlet installed at the house that I am moving
into in August, and the total installed cost was less than
$125.00.

Good luck with your Soveriegn!

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC/Free Wheelers/Computer Club #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400
VORTEC/4.10 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado
Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)