[VAL] FW: Air Conditioning

Hello all,

My '76 31' Rear Bath Sovereign was purchased 8 months ago and luckily
for me all original and all in working condition... piece of cake right?
I now know why vintage airstream owners become life-long addicts... a
burst copper fitting behind the tub, and a handful of other issues. The
one I am most interested in addressing is the AC. I have run the unit
before no problem. Now the air conditioner (after verifying all settings
are appropriate) begins to fire up, only to quickly shut down. While
it's firing up, it's noisy, lot of vibration - the feel of true
Airstream power. But then just shuts down. Fan works, heat works, etc...
as soon as the AC tries to start, it quickly shuts down. I am trying to
run it on normal 110v/20amp power - is that not enough juice?

I need the help of those that are more experienced before I do something
stupid. Thanks.

http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032252343&Culture=en-US

Aaron Bratrude