Re: [VAL] Fw: Caulking (fantastic fan ) - Do not calk!

The instructions for the Fantastic vent say to not use ANY sealent between
the fan's flange and the trailer body.

It comes with a foam gasket. You screw the flange down (I replaced the
screws that came with it with stainless steel screws). You then seal around
the outside of the flange where it meets the body. I used Vulcum for that.
In addition, I covered over all the screw heads.

I havnt had a leak yet (over a year).

Also, make sure you get the "Airstream Garnish" (the inside trim). Just
call the Fantastic vent folks and they will ship it to you FREE.

For details on how I installed mine, see:
http://www.pfredd.com/airstream/projects.htm

Dave