[VAL] NEW MEMBER TO YOUR GROUP

Hello: I would like to introduce myself, my name is Bruce Currie.  I think I
can learn a lot as well as help some fellow Airstream
campers.  My wife, Tana and I have owned an 1975 Argosy 24 ft. twin science
1976.  We have spent most of our camping time
in the Eastern Half of the United States and Canada as well as the Maritime
Provenance's.  I am just about ready to sign on the
line for my social security retirement payments.  I enjoy camping, trout,
salmon fishing and deer hunting.

Over the last few years I have been redoing and upgrading our Argosy.  I have
a couple of requests that maybe some fellow
camper can help me with.

I spent the better part of the Summer of 2001 preparing our Argosy for
repainting the exterior.  I have a good airless spray paint system and I used
Devoe Devguard #4120 primer and Devguard #4308 Alkyd gloss enamel.  The two
are formulated to work with each other.  I prepared the exterior of the camper
per the Devoe spec. and I painted the camper as per the spec.  Two years
after
painting the camper the Devoe Alkyd gloss enamel is pealing off the primer.
Believe me I painted this camper correct and to the
spec.

Can anyone tell me, where did I go wrong?  What paint should I have used, I
was told by the ICI Devoe Paint factory people that this was a very
satisfactory paint combination for coating the aluminum exterior surface.

I would also like to find a source for the molded rubber door seal and molded
rubber window seals as my weather striping is starting to show the wear and
tear of age and years of use.

                   Thanks, Bruce