[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #315

I found the old airstream books to be rather high priced on the used book
market, so I just got them from my public library by inter-library-loan.   It's
a good way to start, since the most you will ever have to pay is postage  (and
frequently that's not charged) and you get the loan for a full month  (but
don't ever let it go over or you will be forever cursed by the library  gods).
I use it to review old books that I'm not sure I want to buy as  well.

I read Wally's book.  Seems he did write parts of it during the  Capetown to
Cairo rally.  He truly had an odd style of writing.  It's  an odd mix of
marketing, motivational, travelogue and technical writing. He  definitely had a
peculiar writing style. I enjoyed it, though would never  pay the kind of money
this book is drawing on abebooks or bookfinders these  days.  Too bad--in the
very early 70s, Airstream sold a small cheap  paperback reprint (it appears
that the corporation owns the copyright).  I  bet they could do that again today.

Mary
'61 Safari (Virginian Safari, not African!)