Re: [VAL] Looking out for door handle plate

I saw a thread on airstreamsforum regarding replacements for door
handles, locks, and plates for I think, 1960 Safari. There seemed to be
a couple of good leads for finding or getting parts built.
	I have a similar problem with my 1956 Bubble. The handle itself is ok,
the lock won't lock but it will latch so that's good enough since I
have a good deadbolt installed. But the thing I really need is the
little circular (more or less) plate directly behind the handle itself.
The part seems to be made of really crummy pot metal with a chrome type
covering coat that seems to be holding the plate together. There are
some chunks broken off the plate and it really looks sad.  Thanks for
any leads.
Jo Ann