[VAL] RE: highway help

Pete-
The gaps in the corners of the rear door frame that you are seeing sound
like what is attributed to Frame Separation.  That is, when the bolts holding
the upper shell to the floor frame part, the undercarriage and floor sags and
the monocoque shell springs upwards.  I started seeing the same thing on my
68 Safari and took it down to Andy's Inland RV where they opened the outer
skin at the corners, rebolted the floor to the shell and then welded
additional bracing under the ladder frame for additional support.  Buttoned
up the skin and you'd never know.

So it's not terminal but it won't be cheap either.

John Leggett
San Francisco
1968 Safari