Re: [VAL] Rally Open House for Vintage Trailers

Unfortunately, we could not make it to international this year.  We planned
to, but a family death earlier in the year (in MI, of all places) wiped out
our vacation time.  I will really miss the Vintage Open House.

But, I'm just wondering...  (and I really don't mean to sound negative about
this)

Why is the open house on a Wednesday?  Aren't we part of a club (WBCCI) that
is seeing declining interest in membership?  Isn't the VAC a great way to
spawn interest in younger potential members?  Why wouldn't the open house be
held on a weekend when more potential new Airstream devotees could attend?
I recall the open house being a public event; a time to welcome people from
the area to see what vintage Airstreaming is all about.  I met a wonderful
family at last year's open house that happened to live near the exposition
grounds in VT.  They were very intrigued and interested in owning a vintage
Airstream.   That was exciting to me.

These are just my thoughts, and before anyone says it, I know I should be
more involved in VAC leadership if I want to have more of a say.    I just
think this hobby and lifestyle of ours is pretty cool and I think we should
take the opportunity to share it with others, not just ourselves.

Thanks,
Wally
'66 Caravel, Percy
WBCCI #23618 / VAC