[VAL] Re: Awning

Hey ALL!
I spent the last year or so dealing with most of the issues on this thread!
My 74 safari just had the rail. A friend gave me a new manual awning with
poles that had a vinyl rod that slid along the rail. I believe he said he got it
from JC Whitney.
Used it twice and then sold the trailer. It was a pain in the @$$ to put up
and take down!
Definitely was a two person job! It was not a simple task to slide it and
keep it aligned at the same time.

The Argosy came with the rail only and I called what I thought was a local
A/S dealer to see about a ZIPP DEE as I had two A/Ss with one and loved them
both!
The dealer talked me into a Carefree and I am really not very happy with it!
The install was a nightmare and after two return visits it is still not
closing properly.
I spent the money and now I'm stuck with it!
I wont publicly SLAM a business but if anyone in the PHX area wants to
contact me off list ~ I can give them the heads up on who it was. They no longer
sell A/S and after what I went through they wont get a referral from me!

AlanT
Phx AZ
78 Arg. 30
93 Dodge Cummins