[VAL] Re: water cap

I would have one special made as a last recourse. Airstream probably
didn't have them made with a special thread, the problem is finding
which thread it is.

 From what I've read I was thinking NH (NST) National Hose thread, but
it would be uncommon in 1-1/4". If it were 1-1/2" NH it would be easy to
come up with a cap.

Anyway here is a link to just about any piping/hose thread in general use.

http://www.tamparubber.com/mainthd.htm

With a little research it should't be too hard to come up with an
off-the-shelf solution.

Oh yeah, A little tip, some modeling clay or playdough pressed into the
threads and Carefully removed, can be taken to a real hardware store
(not Home Depot) and checked with a thread gauge.