[VAL] Re: Rear end dragging

Hello,
   I had the same problem with our '68 Overlander bottoming out on the
sidewalk across the driveway...I initially fixed the drag problem by
'building a pair of fill-in ramps for the dip. For each ramp, I used
2X6's(side by side-cheaper than 2X12's). The first layer was 8 feet, the
second was 4 feet, and the third was about 2 1/2 feet. Each shorter
layer was centered into the longer one and held together with deck
screws. An 8 foot by 1 foot piece of plywood held the two long pieces of
2X6 together. I made two of these, and backed the trailer up to the
driveway, got out and positioned the ramps, and backed on up over the
dip. When I pulled out, I reversed the process. A hassle, but so much
easier on the trailer frame and the driveway.
   THEN, I discovered that you can buy a Reese adapter that drops the
trailer ball hitch 4 inches.
It was pricey(about $80), but slides right in to the Reese. The drop of
4 inches up front gave me just enough clearance to back in. I do have to
remove the bars on the tongue, as they would drag otherwise, but I was
so happy to be able to not have to wrestle the ramps that I don't mind.
If needed, I can have my wife attach pictures for specific questions(
I'm allowed to type responses and play solitaire, only).........mike