Re: [VAL] Henschen replacement axles

Hi Curtis,

You most likely already found out that any Henchen axle over 25 years old
must come from Inland RV.  Andy has the specifics for each vintage axle and
Henchen makes it to his specifications.  Should be a bolt in with no
modifications.  However, I've read where the shock mount tab might be
missing and/or in a different location.

I chose to buy the Dexter for my '69 Safari, upped the weight by 10 percent,
ordered a 32 degree start down angle, and the parking brake.  The parking
brake is not an option for Henchen that I know of.

I've yet to get some help to install the new axle, but my measurements
suggest that I will use one of the existing Henchen mounting holes and drill
the second hole to match the Dexter pre-drilled hole.

One day, I'll report the outcome to the list!

                    Regards, '69 Safari, Joy